Monday, November 7, 2011

Stitched Stockings

Hello there, crafting friends... What did you make over the weekend?

A friend came over last week to play in my craft room to help me make more Red White and Blue cards and we decided to play with the Stitched Stockings stamp set. So, naturally, I showed her how to make your own patterned paper with these cute stockings :) You know come to think of it, I really like the outcome. What a cute stamp set. And then, you see, I added tiny snowflakes (from the Short & Sweet stamp set) to fill up the empty spaces in Soft Suede.


What did I make with this Stitched Stockings patterned paper? A couple designs below:


I am combining the home made patterned paper with the Stocking Builder Punch to make the punched image as the focal point. And then, I added the Dazzling Details glitter to make it merry :)


Next up is this FTL164 layout that I had up on a piece of scratch paper for me to play with.


I cut up a small piece of my home made patterned paper, matted it with Crumb Cake card stock and made the stockings paper as my focal point. (Don't forget to ink all the edges for added depth and dimension).


I added a strip of Very Vanilla 3/8" Velvet Stitched Ribbon (use a piece of Sticky Strip to make the velvet ribbon stick neatly), a Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Buttons, tied with Cherry Cobbler/ Whisper White baker's twine.

I rounded the bottom corner to finish it up.


This is easy enough to mass produce. I made 3 in no time :) Hope you enjoy.

Happy stamping...

1 comment:

Yulis Kartika said...

Liza .. this is stunning pp !! i'm sad that i have no this stamps set, really nice for x'mas occasion.
Thank you for sharing this brilliant idea, dear ...

Yulis