Wednesday, June 3, 2009

CC221, SC231


Thank you for the comments on yesterday's diaper cake. I will try Leann's suggestion of some lace next time :) Thank you! You are so sweet.

I think this is the first time I combine 2 challenges at once. Yesterday's color challenges at SCS was Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss and Tangerine Tango. Bidding farewell to the current In Colors. And today's sketch at SCS is this. The sketch has 3 panels in it, I think this is the first time I am doing panels like this, too. Mmm... lots of firsts today... Here is my take on it.

As a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I get to see the new In Colors sneak peek so I pre ordered and hope they will arrive tomorrow. I think I won't be able to sleep tonight :)

Recipe: (all by SU!)
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Stamp sets: Fifth Avenue Floral, Thoughts & Prayers
Inks: Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Basic Gray
Everything else: Scallop edge, wide oval punches, Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain ribbon, Basic Gray corduroy button, Stampin' Dimensionals







These series of trees cards are for my friend Mary who is coming in town. She loves polka dot so I went through my paper stash and picked out a variety of polka dots and make some cards with it. I am hoping to supply her with a stash of new cards by the time she leaves town. So you might see some more polka dots in the coming week.

Recipes for tree cards: (all by SU! unless mentioned)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom, Whisper White
Stamp sets: Funky Forest (wheel), Sweet Little Sentiments, Bella Blossoms (sentiments)
Inks: Blush Blossom, Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip
Everything else: Big Shot machine, Top Note die, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Button Latte, Stampin' Dimensionals, buttons from my stash, ticket corner punch, linen thread.

Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

Macchiato Gurl said...

i love the pokka dots! esp the red one.... ^^ like how you put the colors together too. They are a lovely series.

MEL said...

Oh, I love the idea of stamping Trendy Trees on the Top Note Die. I think I'm going to have to try this.