Monday, June 8, 2009

Introducing... Bermuda Bay

Hi! Next up in the 2009-2010 In Color is Bermuda Bay. Following is a few projects that hopefully show you how versatile it is. Enjoy!

I would like to achieve a "modern chic" kind of look. So I went with a tone-on-tone card with Bermuda Bay.  I stamped 2 rows of flowers from the Petal Pizzazz in Whisper White Craft Ink, and then filled in the spaces with a little butterfly from the Flight of the Butterfly set.

With this one, I wanted to achieve a kind of homey country look. I paired Bermuda Bay with Kraft and added the hemp twine. I pulled out my Season of Friendship set. Love that tree! Stamped the flowers in So Saffron, Sage Shadow and Bermuda Bay.

Next, I thought Bermuda Bay would look good for an elegant type of creation (think Tiffany :) ) so I embossed it with Manhattan Flowers. Swiped my Whisper White Craft ink pad over it. Added sentiment and ribbon. 

Since my friend/fellow demo Huey asked me how to do a pop up, I thought why not add a simple pop up to the inside of this Manhattan Flower card. Beate Johns did a tutorial at SCS some time ago where I learnt it here. I snipped the big rose from the Fifth Avenue Floral with my Stampin' Up! paper snips. This little scissors do make it easy to cut shapes.

And then lastly, I thought why not make the Bermuda Bay daisies (courtesy of Daisies #2 die and the Big Shot machine) do all the work here? To achieve a full looking flower, I layered all 3 sizes of daisies that come with the die twice.
To add layers and dimensions on this card, I do the following:
1. Stamped the plain daisies with the background stripe stamp from Razzle Dazzle. 
2. Pulled out my Color Spritzer tool and spritzed Bermuda Bay marker (awesome! Love it!) on a rectangle of Whisper White cardstock. It gives that splattered look.

Isn't this a yummy color and so versatile? You can go from elegant, home country to modern chic look. I hope you like these. Thank you for stopping by.

Recipes (all by SU!):
1. Thank you card
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Inks: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Bermuda Bay
Stamp sets: Petal Pizzazz, Flight of the Butterfly, Short & Sweet
Everything else: Spiral punch, corner rounder, large oval, Modern Label punches, Stampin' Dimensionals, Bermuda Bay ribbon.

2. Season of Friendship card
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Kraft, Whisper White
Inks: So Saffron, Sage Shadow, Close to Cocoa, Bermuda Bay
Stamp set: Season of Friendship
Everything else: hemp twine, Button Latte, linen thread, scallop edge punch, paper piercer and mat pack, Stampin' Dimensionals

3. Thinking of you card
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Stamp set: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Fifth Ave. Floral
Inks: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay
Everything else: Bermuda Bay ribbon, silver brads, Word Window punch, Modern Label punch, corner rounder, eyelet border punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot machine and Manhattan Floral embossing folder

4. It's good to dream card
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Basic Black
Stamp set: Razzle Dazzle
Inks: Bermuda Bay marker and ink pad, Basic Black
Everything else: Big Shot machine, Daisies # 2 die, 3/4" circle punch, Button Latte (white button), Bermuda Bay ribbon, Color Spritzer tool, eyelet border punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

Marlene Lo said...

OH NO!!!!!!! SO LOVELY!