Thursday, June 4, 2009

Kiwi Kiss and Riding Hood Red kind of day...




Good morning! Yep, yesterday was that kind of day, Kiwi Kiss and Riding Hood Red. I am making a bunch of similar cards that I can wrap up as a set for my son's summer camp teachers. I thought it will make a fun gift rather than all the same ones. Though sometimes I make the same ones too. Depending what I feel like, I guess :) And of course, I am making room for the new In Color supplies coming up... yay!!! 

Here is one the trees. I love that corduroy button (a tip I learnt from Mary Fish's blog is to snip the brad prong with your Stampin' Up! rubber scissors and adhere the button with a glue dot.I did that and it turned out to be pretty easy. Not hard at all. Great tip!) 
Another thing I discovered that I love is that stamping on patterned paper is an easy way to add instant texture and layer. Love anything fast and easy! That's me...

These 2 cards above are a carry-on theme of the Riding Hood Red sets. The idea comes from this fabulous card here - what a fun way to use the Manhattan Flowers embossing folder! I tried it and I love it. Texture and pattern stacked together. I lightly rubbed the embossed flowers with Whisper White ink to give it more dimension. Sorry, it is probably hard to see on the photo. You can click on any of the photos to enlarge it.
I tied the ribbon on the left a little differently this time. I wrapped a piece of Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain ribbon. And then, I adhered a ribbon knot with a glue dot in the middle. I find it less bulky that way, too. Fun!

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you have a happy creating day.

Recipes (all by SU!)
1. Kiwi Kiss set of cards
Cardstock and paper: Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Walk in the Park DSP
Ink: Basic Grey
Stamp set: Thoughts & Prayers
Everything else: Eyelet Border punch, Basic Grey corduroy button, Stampin' Dimensionals, Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon, Basic Grey taffeta ribbon.

2. Riding Hood Red set of cards
Cardstock and paper: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Walk in the Park DSP
Ink: Basic Grey, Whisper White
Stamp set: Elegant Cheer
Everything else: Big Shot machine, Manhattan Flowers embossing folder, Basic Grey corduroy button, Stampin' Dimensionals, Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain ribbon, eyelet border punch, wide oval, large oval, scalloped oval punches.

1 comment:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

The blues and reds are just gorgeous together!