Monday, June 15, 2009

Introducing... Soft Suede

The next In Color is Soft Suede, it will be my favorite neutral. The kind that goes with everything. 
My children picked one of the papers from my new stash, Tall Tales Designer Series Paper as their Father's Day card for Daddy. As you can see, I finished the rest :) This paper will be available in the new Stampin' Up! catalog starting July 1.

The next card was for CC222 last week at SCS which is to use white 1 layer cardstock with another ink color. It seems like a no brainer, doesn't it? But it took me 3 days to get this one :) I stamped around the card base with Razzle Dazzle to make some kind of a frame. Then added my sentiment and ribbon to finish. All in Soft Suede.

I also just want to let you all know, I will not be posting again for a while after this Thursday. My husband got his orders paper last week (he is a foreign service officer) and the movers are coming on June 18-19, this Thursday. They will be packing this computer to our next home, in Jakarta, Indonesia. I will have my essential supply in my luggage * wink* who can live without a paper trimmer, right? Hugo has been very gracious that I can put my favorite supply on the road with us. I will pack a choice few supply in our air cargo and the rest will go with our sea shipment of household effects. It will be a while until I see them all again (like 4 months, maybe... sigh...)

But I am excited that I will have my own craft space in our new home. We will be using one bedroom as my craft room/ family activity room (so they can all hang out with me when I create). I have been thinking of organizational ideas in my mind :)

We will be on the road starting this Thursday (hotel rooms, road trip, we will be driving cross country to San Francisco at which point, we will either sell the car or ship it to Jakarta). So I have a lot to do before Thursday. But we are all excited and looking forward the new adventures.

Thank you all for stopping by.

Recipes (all by SU!)
1. Father's Day
Cardstock and paper: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Tall Tales DSP
Stamp set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Everything else: So Saffron SAB ribbon, scallop edge punch, Modern Label punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, gold brads.

2. Birthday Wishes
Cardstock: Whisper White, Soft Suede
Stamp sets: Razzle Dazzle, Elegant Cheer
Ink: Soft Suede
Everything else: Soft Suede ribbon, wide oval punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, corner rounder.

1 comment:

Macchiato Gurl said...

I love this color :) I like your craft room idea where its a place for your family to chill also. Hey, enjoy your road trip ya. Now that you are coming closer to Malaysia, hope we can meet up someday :P