Monday, November 29, 2010

Fabric flower

Good morning, crafting friends... this is my first try playing with fabric :) Stampin' Up! has designer fabric in the Holiday Mini catalog. This one I am using is called Candy Cane Christmas and in fact, it is 50% off right now until Nov. 30, 2010 in my online store.

I cut up a piece of the fabric with the Big Shot machine and Scallop #2 die. Layered it with a piece of punched out 2 3/8" scallop circle punch and a piece of doily. Finished off my hand made flower embellishment with a Real red button from the Candy Cane Big Designer Buttons (also in the Holiday Mini) and a remnant Pretty in Pink 1/8" taffeta ribbon.

I will have to play with fabric some more... it is fun to try a different texture other than paper and card stock :) I know some of you are quilters so you have been further along in your experiment and journey with fabric :)

My color combo for this cheery card is Real Red, Pretty in Pink and Baja Breeze.

Thank you for peeking today... happy crafting to you.

Hugs,
Liza

No comments: