Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lollipop Flowers


Hello! I am still amazed at the amount of inspiration available at the blog world... Check out this beautiful array of colors in this photo from Leslie at Creative Mint from Melissa's blog!!

This project is totally inspired by these yummy colors and uses an assortment of recycled/ reused items. These pretty peat moss pots are from my friend Ariani, who constantly thinks of me whenever she goes shopping so when she spots something that I might be able to use for my craft projects, she will pick it up :)

When I saw the photo in Melissa's blog, I immediately sent our cook, pak Medi, to the market to find me some quail eggs. (Smile...) My children have been admiring these "baby eggs" and have many questions. Hudson asked if the eggs will hatch (no, I said) and if I steal these eggs from a mama bird's nest up on a tree (no, again...)
Here is an individual flower:
The skewers are from the kitchen, the paper shreds are from a previous present. Then, I started to work. Die cut and punch different shapes of flowers, layer 'em up, plenty of Stampin' Dimensionals. My color combo is Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Tempting Turqoise and Naturals Ivory. I stamped on some, dry embossed on some. These are nothing but cardstock, ink and stamps.

Here it is together on a little wooden tray I found while shopping last week. They are sitting by the window counter of my craft room. The happy flowers make me smile :)

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you like it and perhaps inspire you to make a little spring/ Easter theme decoration for your own nest.

Hugs,
Liza

Recipe: (all by SU! unless noted)
Cardstock: Tempting Turqoise, Nat. Ivory, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Bashful Blue
Stamp sets: Dot dot dot, A to Z
Ink: Melon Mambo, Tempting Turqoise
Tools: Big Shot machine, various flower dies, XL Fancy flower, Trio flower, circle punches
Everything else: Stampin' Dimensionals, Melon Mambo, Very Vanilla ribbons, blue turqoise ribbon.

2 comments:

Marlene Lo said...

This is so beautiful and gonna be a nice present for easter day!

Vicky Hayes said...

Your easter projects are amazing Liza.