Saturday, August 20, 2011

Blessings from Heaven


Good morning, crafting friends....

The sentiment on the card above is: Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee. Psalm 55:22. It is from a stamp set called: Blessings from Heaven, which is a new stamp set in the Idea Book & Catalog. Love it! (and need to hear it!!)

Almost a whole month has passed since I last blogged... I hope life finds you all well. It has been a whirlwind of medical issues in our household which just took me away from blogging. Sorry... Then, the end of summer vacation, and first week of school are here before I knew it.

I have been stamping here and there, though not a whole lot. Sesil and I made this card for our friend who just lost her father to cancer. A really quick one and I quickly took photos of it before it was sent away.

Using a new stamp set called Forever Young in the Idea Book & Catalog. With several In Colors 2011-2013: Island Indigo for the cuckoo clock, Lucky Limeade as the card base, and matching In Colors brads. Oh my, it is polka dot :)


I had stamped it on a piece of cast away office supplies. Stamped the biggest doily image from the stamp set Delicate Doilies in Crumb Cake, inked the edges with Soft Suede, and spritzed Pool Party marker to finish with my Color Spritzer Tool.


Lastly, we finished off with the row of pearls and little pearls on the clock. And stamped a matching Crumb Cake envelope.

Really love the completed look.

I hope you all have a great summer and a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,

Liza

1 comment:

Kristie W. said...

Beautiful card. I love the doilies stamped in the background of the main image. Very nice design.