Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bravo Burgundy...

This is a specially made anniversary card for my friend Lydia, who requested Burgundy color which was her wedding color. Lydia and I used to hang out together when we were single, but now we are both married and live in different cities. This weekend, she is flying over to Jakarta so we will meet and catch up and I will hand this card for her (I hope she likes it)... :)

I started with a burgundy card base and a burgundy swirly glittery patterned paper to cover both front and back. I played around with ribbon placement when I discovered that I could double wrap the ribbon before tying into a bow to give it a lovely effect. I then added a "for you" tag hanging on the ribbon.

This is the inside of the card. I cut the Very Vanilla card stock and left over patterned paper, adhered them together. Then I stamped the sentiment and added the swirl.

This is the back of the card that I added "hand stamped with love", which is really true :)
Thank you all for stopping by. Have a restful weekend. 

Recipe (all by SU! unless mentioned)
Cardstocks and paper: Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla, MME dp
Stamp sets: Season of Joy (swirl), Stamped from the Heart, Say it with Scallops, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Basic Black
Everything else: ribbon from my stash, button, Marvy punch, Scallop Edge punch, scallop square punch, Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments: