Saturday, September 5, 2009

Praying for you...


Hello!! Happy Saturday... Just a super simple card. Stamped with Craft Whisper White ink on Rich Razzleberry textured cardstock. Then, the panel is mounted on a Kraft card base.

This week literally flew by! I don't know if you read the news but there was an earthquake in Jakarta 3 days ago. (What an adventure living here, huh?) We live on the 4th floor of an apartment building, my children, my parents who were visiting and the housekeeper were home at that time. I was down at the lobby when it happened. I ran upstairs to pick up the kids as they evacuated the building but everybody upstairs were already down. As we were waiting until the building was deemed safe so that we could return home, I was thinking of the earthquake in April 2008 that happened in Chengdu, Sichuan, China. We lived in Beijing at that time but lived in a single family home so didn't feel it much. But my friends Kelly and Carol who lived on the 21st floor of a building felt the earth shook. That was exactly what everybody felt here.

When we returned, I found that almost every room has thin cracks on the wall. Nothing serious, just some touch up will do. We are all safe, but my thoughts go to the people who lost their family members, homes...

This is our 6th week here and the good news is our shipment is here, it will be delivered on Monday! Yipeee.... I am going to be busy setting up an empty room as our craft/activity room. I hope you all have a good week :)

Hugs,
Liza




1 comment:

Marlene Lo said...

YA! Was so worry about you after Savitri reminded me the earthquake. Prayed for you and your family and knowing you will be fine :) THANK GOD! Miss you Liza!