Friday, August 27, 2010

Money envelope

Morning everybody... *handing you a cup of coffee*.

Here is a more detailed story of the money envelope. This is actually a request from a friend of a friend who now becomes my friend (confused? hehe...) so I sat down one evening to figure one out. She requested a pretty way to present a red envelope money present and this is what I came up with.

After I made it, I realized that this would be a perfect thing for an Asian paper crafter to make or anyone who lives in an Asian culture or of Asian background where giving money as presents is common. Yay!! What a happy discovery for me :) You can personalize it for whatever occasion needed: an elegant one for a wedding, a bright colorful one for birthdays and I even made a subtle blue and green one for a grieving family last week (forgot to take a picture as I rushed out the door).

Here is the inside view. I pasted a matching colored envelope inside to hold the money.

and here it is with the belly band taken off.

Thank you for peeking in today, friends. I hope my story today will inspire you to create one of your own.

Happy crafting,
Liza

No comments: