Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Envelope art

Happy Tuesday, crafting friends... In this part of the world where we live, it is almost Chinese New Year/ Lunar New Year is probably a more appropriate name as not only the Chinese celebrate it. Other countries in Asia do so, too.

One tradition during Chinese New Year is handing these red envelopes to children and single family members.

So, I have been a red envelope making machine, as you can see :)

Here is one that I had made with Riding Hood Red card stock and matching patterned paper from the DSP stack.
If you slide open the gold cord, it will reveal an envelope to put money in. I thought the ornament punch "resembles" an Oriental paper lantern, so there it is, hanging on my red envelope.

And then I decided that it is too labor intensive to create the 3-fold card, so I looked around and saw these stack of Poppy Parade envelopes that my friend Yvonne picked up for me at the airport in Singapore (yes, by now friends and family know what to bring me as gifts! Anything that I can use around my craft room is always appreciated! And Yvonne only went to Singapore for a day trip, so that is awesome that she even spotted something for me at the airport!!)

Anyhow, that is a ready made base for me to stamp on. With the Valentine Defined stamp set and Poppy Parade ink, I created that scene of hanging lanterns and grass on the ground. Now, this took no time to stamp but some time to tie that gold cord on!! Ha!!

Click on the photo for a larger view. I made a whole stack of them all morning. And then, I am done until next Chinese New Year~~

Thank you for peeking.

Hugs,

Liza

No comments: