Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Random projects from yesterday


This was a Father's day card I made last week that didn't get to be photographed until today. Love how the texture, shape and pattern all layer together. Sentiment was heat embossed in white. I cut the Top Note die first then added texture with my Texturz plate and Big Shot machine. 

This is for yesterday's color combo at SCS: Summer Sun, Only Orange (which I substituted with Tangerine Tango) and Kiwi Kiss. Had to throw in that Chocolate Chip in there to tie it all together but my husband commented the card looks like fall. Oh well...

Now this last project was what I spent all afternoon yesterday for- these wrapped candy bars are for my son Hudson's birthday. He will turn 5 on June 6 but since preschool year ends next week, they will celebrate all the summer birthday together next week.
I thought blue and orange are happy colors for the occasion. Trains are his fave hence the image. It fit into 1 3/4" circle punch which made it a snap to mass produce this. I am happy to say I used up my last bit of Tangerine Tango striped grosgrain ribbon for this. Can't wait until the new In Color arrives :)
Can not believe my oldest will turn 5 soon. We almost lost him twice early in his life. He is happy and healthy today, you would not know. I certainly know God is watching over him and pray that God will give us wisdom in training him to be the kind of person He wants Hudson to be.

I hope you have been inspired to create something today. Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe Father's Day card: (all by SU!)
Cardstock and paper: Pacific Point, So Saffron, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Delicate Dots DSP
Stamp set: All Holidays, Darling Dots
Inks: Pacific Point, Whisper White
The sweet stuff (aka. accesories): Heat tool, White Embossing powder, Pacific Point striped grosgrain ribbon, Large Star, 1" circle punches, brad, Dimensionals, Big Shot machine, Top Note die, Texturz Plate.

Recipe for Thank you card
Cardstock and paper: Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Stamp set: Polka Dot Punches, Bella Blossom (sentiment)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
The sweet stuff (aka. accesories): Full heart, Boho Blossom, 1/2" circle punches, dimensionals, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Scallop edge punch

Recipe for Candy Bar wrappers
Cardstock and paper: Whisper White, various Chatterbox dp
Stamp set: Choo Choo
Ink: Brocade Blue, Tangerine Tango
The sweet stuff (aka. accesories): 1 3/4" circle punch, Tangerine Tango striped grosgrain ribbon, Brocade Blue ribbon, mini safety pin.

No comments: