Tuesday, May 12, 2009

shabby chic...

This is a style that was inspired by Michelle Wooderson- whose blog I admire. I have stamped on patterned paper before but she did more by making a project out of 3 different stamped patterned paper. The result is shabby chic beautiful, which had been a style I have been having in my head for some time, especially after I met a crafter friend Jacquie last Friday. She showed me some of her hand made bookmarks done in this style, it is so yummy!
I did not end up doing 3 custom made papers today, not enough time for that, but it is on my mental note list :) I only did one. I pulled out a polka dot paper and stamped Bella Toile background stamp in Mellow Moss. Click on the photo for a close up on the background stamp.
I then made a Mellow Moss card base. Cut up a bit of kraft cardstock. Inked all the cardstock edges in Whisper White ink, which gave it that soft aged look. Stamped my sentiment in Always Artichoke. Tied ribbon and finished up with a cluster of buttons.
It came together pretty quickly. I hope you like it. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe: (all by SU!)
Cardstock and paper: Mellow Moss, Kraft, Washington Apple DSP
Ink: Mellow Moss, Whisper White
Stamp sets: Bella Toile, Very Versatile (sentiment)
The sweet stuff (aka. accesories): Riding Hood Red ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Button Bouquet, Soft Subtle buttons, Button Latte, linen thread, scallop edge punch

2 comments:

Vivienne Yuan said...

Beautiful card liza.... like the paper!!!

LeAnne said...

Liza, this is wonderful! I love Michelle's work too....all her things are yummy! Thanks for adding me to your blog!
LeAnne