Saturday, May 2, 2009

Forest Friend distressed card


Wanting to try making DIY patterned paper using another color of card stock, other than white or vanilla... so this one is in Pacific Point.
I took out my Forest Friend stamp set, a cutie :)- stamped the deer in Whisper White craft ink. Stamped the trees in Pacific Point.  I filled in the empty spaces with tiny flowers. Next, I took out my new Color Spritzer tool (pg. 190 of the Spring Summer IBC) and spritzed Sahara Sand marker on it to add some background texture. This was my first time using this tool, I think I picked a color that was too light. It barely shows. I hope you can see it on the photo. I would use Chocolate Chip next time to give it a nice natural looking background.
Next I took out a steak knife from the kitchen to distress the edges of the card stock (a tip I found here, Claire Brennan's blog is so cool. Hop on over to see her cool eye for designs. Thanks, Claire! I have been using the edge of my large scissors but I found steak knife gives a more distressed look. Way cool!)
I finished off by mounting the whole Pacific Point panel on Stampin' Dimensionals. Double matted it with white and kraft. I added the sentiment (isn't that a sweet one!) and added some ribbon treatment and used Marlene's button again (she gave me a pretty big bag! I have way more to go :) and again mounted everything on dimensionals.

EDITED TO ADD: Claire poined to the origin of the steak knife idea http://inksatiable-stamper.blogspot.com/ Thanks!

There you have it, I hope you like it. Thank you for stopping by.

Recipe: (all by SU! unless mentioned)
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Whisper White, Kraft
Stamp sets: Forest Friend, Flight of the Butterfly, God's Blessings
Ink: Pacific Point, Whisper White, Basic Black, Sahara Sand.
The sweet stuff (aka. accesories): Scallop edge punch, Pacific Point ribbon, button, linen thread, Stampin' Dimensionals, Giga square scallop Marvy punch.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card - love the blue, love that wee deer! Many thanks for the shout out. I can't claim the steaknife tho' - I heard about it from this talented lady:

http://inksatiable-stamper.blogspot.com/