Sunday, January 31, 2010

Money envelope


Hi there! How about a hand-made hand-stamped money envelope for Chinese New Year? I made one this weekend and like the result of what I think is east meets west style. Scrapbook paper and stamps in traditional Chinese New Year color of red and gold.

I have been thinking about money envelope for the last week or two and finally decided of actually making an altered envelope, as opposed to making one from scratch. The envelope is a regular office supply coin envelope. I covered it with the Raspberry Tart DSP, framed with Real Red card stock.

Here is a detailed shot of the sentiment. I embossed the Curly Label with my new SU! Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder (available in the Occasions Mini catalog).

For those of you who are not in this part of the world, Chinese New Year is the celebration of the lunar new year. This year, it will fall right on Valentine's Day on Feb. 14. On that day, little children get money stashed in a red envelope. I have a whole bunch of little nephews and nieces. So I had better get busy making some more red envelopes :) This one will be for my parents.

Thank you for stopping by. What are you making this weekend?

Hugs,
Liza

Recipe: (all by SU!)
Card stock and paper: Real Red, Raspberry Tart DSP (ret.)
Stamp set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Basic Gray
Tools: Curly Label, Modern Label punches, Big Shot machine, SU! Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder
Everything else: Gold cord, gold brads, Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments: