Friday, October 1, 2010

Doily cards

Hello there, crafting friends... I hope your week is going well... it is already the first day of October... doesn't time fly???

I have seen cards made with doilies around the blog-o-land but the first one I saw was Dawn McVey's here. This paper lace is beautiful without adding much weight and bulk to the cards. A perfect kind of embellishment, don't you think? The question in my head when I saw this was: where to get doilies in Jakarta? Until one day when I went shopping in a nearby mall, I came across one. I eventually bought 2 sizes: 3.5" and 4.5" diameter, with the help of my friend Annie who picked the smaller size one up for me... (thanks, Annie...)

So here are my version and this will not be the last. I have quite a stack of doilies to last me a while :) I enjoyed using Stampin' Up!'s new Decorative Label punch which is in the Holiday Mini Catalog. I stamped the medallion from the Artistic Etchings set and then over stamped the sentiment with Early Espresso ink.

I am off to spend some time with the kids and hope you all enjoy a relaxing weekend. Thank you for peeking in today.

Hugs,
Liza

2 comments:

Linda said...

very beautiful............I like all your works!!

Gummi said...

I have been looking for Doilies for tea parties in Jakarta too! Where did you get them?? Please help! :)

Thanks!