Monday, December 27, 2010

God's gift

Good morning, crafting friends... are you enjoying the holidays and quiet of the Holidays break? We take a lot of rest and take the kids to go see movies :) We love our movie adventures here :)

This card above has a very nice sentiment (from God's Blessings stamp set), I like how it turned out. It was one of those impromptu cards that just came together. My friend Ami needed a birthday card for her husband. She came over for a play date last week so we ended up making a few more stuff.

The patterned paper is a new one that will be in the Occasions Mini Catalog called Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper. All vintage natural style. I used a card base that I don't normally go for: Not Quite Navy but I am glad when I try something new like that.

The scroll in the background is from Vintage Vogue stamp set and the key image is from Artistic Etchings stamp set. I added a Cherry Cobbler button to finish off.

The square scallop die is called Scallop Squares Duo Bigz Die. I find that large 3x3" scallop square useful for card focal points so I die cut several at a time and let them sit on my desk. I usually use Crumb Cake card stock.

This next card is also using Not Quite Navy card stock as a card base. I am actually test driving a new die that will be available in the Occasions Mini catalog called Fun Flowers Bigz L die. There are 3 sizes of fun shaped flowers and 2 small flower centers. I added texture to the flowers first by dry embossing one and stamping polka dots on one, then layered them all together as above.

Patterned paper is another new one that is called Springtime Vintage DSP. Sentiment is from the hostess level 1 stamp set called "Because I care" (ha ha...)

It's been fun experimenting with these new goodies :)

All right, crafting friends, enjoy the rest of your week.

Hugs,

Liza

No comments: