Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Growing Green

Hello there, crafting friends... I hope your week is going well. Next week is spring break here, so we will be away for a family vacation. Look forward to just do nothing!! :)

Growing Green is the name of this stamp set. It has that clean organic lines that work for masculine projects too, because I know it can be hard sometimes to find ideas for masculine cards.

The "ruffles" underneath the focal image was inspired from a dress my daughter owns :) I have translated it into a card and was able to use some scrap strips for these. I love it when I find ways to use up DSP scraps. I ruffled up the scallop paper strips for dimension and inked the edges for depth.

I have also enjoyed lately working with spring colors. It feels so refreshing...

I have enjoyed pairing pink and orange (Pretty in Pink and Peach Parfait). Yummy... Scallop Circle die cut, dry embossed with the Elegant Lines embossing folders, inked the raised surface of the embossed circle with Soft Suede ink. I love that look, as well.

Happy spring, crafting friends... Thank you for stopping by.

Hugs,
Liza

1 comment:

Chuzai Living said...

Hi, Liza!! I've looked at all the work down to this post. I love what you do. You're so talented!!!!! Since you have such an eye for design, it made me wonder how you decorate your hone! :) I love the colors you use. SO so cute! The owl design is darling. Love it. Thanks also for the sweet comment on my blog. By the way, my cell phone broke tonight... I dropped it on the floor and it's gone... I'm so sad! It might be time for me to get a blackberry. :)