Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Texas birthday card

Happy Saturday, crafting friends... Are you pottering about with your craft supplies this weekend? I definitely do :)

I made this birthday card in honor of our youth pastor who is (you guessed it) from Texas. I don't know if you can see that Texas flag in there? This is a big accordion card that his wife will have all the youth sign :)

I love that First Edition Specialty DSP (available in the Occasions Mini catalog) that I had used as a background, it is the kind of paper that goes with everything and every style. Masculine, cutesy,... you name it. Plus it has 24 sheets in a package so that goes a long way.

I also find that the Scallop Squares Duo is a useful die. I usually die cut a bunch of those squares and tuck them in one of my vintage glass jars and they are ready to go whenever I need one for a card or a project.

Next is another card that I made with the Bliss damask image stamp as a background. I love the look it creates. I then wrapped a Night of Navy striped ribbon and the sentiment from Engraved Greeting set. I am still going through the big stack of doilies that my friend Annie gave me (I think the package has 250 pieces of them!!). I sponge daubered (is that a word?) the edges with Soft Suede ink for that antique look.

And those Designer Big Buttons from the Occasions Mini is certainly useful to finish off a project and give it a bold look. I am about depleting my supply now. I know the Designer Big Buttons are made to coordinate with the Sew Suite line and the Springtime Vintage line but I don't always put them to use that way. Once you break out of that kind of thinking, they really are useful for a variety of other projects and one big button adds so much. So I love my big buttons :)

All righty crafting friends... time for family time now. Thank you for peeking in. Enjoy your weekend!!

Hugs,

Liza

No comments: