Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A gift from another land

Hello there, crafting friends...

On Sunday, my friend Ariani surprised me with these tiny little wooden birds that she brought back from her recent travels to Denmark. Aren't these lovely?


So... coming home from church that day, I couldn't wait to see what I could make out of these :)

Here they are. One of these says "Take Care" to give back to Ariani, which is really appropriate. She is moving soon :( I am just thinking what a sad time this time of year is, I am saying several good byes already and there is more coming!! My friend Ceci and fellow SU! demo is also moving. (Good bye, Ceci... until I see you again... wish you lived closer so we could play more often).


"With Love" is using Love & Care hostess level 2 stamp set from the Summer Mini catalog. Textured Soft Suede card stock stamped with the flower images in Whisper White and Soft Suede. I really like the look of Whisper White ink on darker colored card stock (note to self: use it more often).

A strip of First Edition Specialty DSP, Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon, and embellished the birdie with Basic Pearls. I think these tiny little pearls add so much to anything :)


"Take Care" is using the really sweet color combo of Blushing Bride, Baja Breeze, and Crumb Cake. Did you see the rock and roll technique I used on the largest flower? It was first stamped in Baja Breeze then rolled in Regal Rose, but it left a mark on my Regal Rose ink pad... (even though it will not affect the ink pad color, I am not sure if I like to have a less than pristine ink pad now :) - but I really like it... talk about torn :)

Oh and the gold chocolate I used on the prop is also from Ariani... ha ha!! Kids haven't eaten them yet :)

Thank you for the pretty gift, Ariani and wishing you all the best!!

Happy stamping,

Liza