Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer Splash

Hello there, crafting friends...

I have gotten this Summer Splash stamp set for a while now (from the Summer Mini catalog)... I have always liked beach themed stuff so this one is definitely going into my collection.
My first thought with this set is to ink up the surf boards with multiple colored markers: Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise and More Mustard. Yummy, isn't it? And it works as a masculine card, too. Very summery feel...

Stamped this shell images and punched out into an oval.

Finished off with Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon and a panel of Rich Razzleberry DSP from the Brights DSP Stack. Sentiment is from a tiny set called: (of course :)) Live, Laugh, Love.


Here is another take on the surf boards- an Americana theme. (Note to self: I need to start building a collection of Americana themed cards... ). This one feels nautical, don't you think?


Surf boards were colored with markers: Night of Navy and Poppy Parade. Mounted up on a banner shaped Naturals Ivory panel that had been stamped with the shell images again (in Crumb Cake).

Finished off with sentiment and my last sliver of Poppy Parade ribbon that exactly was enough to tie this bow! Perfect end of my roll of ribbon.

Ah... enjoy your summer, everyone.

Happy stamping,

Liza

No comments: