Saturday, June 18, 2011

Perfect Punches and Flower Fest


Hi there, crafting friends...

How has your weekend and summer been? The kids are officially a week off school now and it has been relaxing at home just pottering about and playing or reading together. Always followed by snack time, of course!! :) Constantly making snack here in our kitchen: cookies, cakes, ice cream, granola... endless baking.

There is a stamp set in the Summer Mini called Flower Fest. It has that crayon drawn look when you stamp it. Pretty cool. I have seen other ideas from the blog-o-world with that stamp set which I also love and goes into my to do list :)

My first thought with an image stamp set is usually to make DIY patterned paper. Something to do with me being drawn to patterns and colors... Maybe? :) I am a patterned paper junkie.


Now, why the envelope you ask? In Asia/ Asian cultures, people give money for special occasions like birthdays, weddings, or graduations. I figured the money can go into that little cute envelope and the envelope itself is part of the card design. Why not, right?

The envelope is die cut with the Scallop Envelope die in Rich Razzleberry patterned paper (from the Brights DSP Stack). Now, originally I made these cards as a set in a few other different colored envelopes- but of course, they were gone before I found a moment to shoot a picture :) But if you can imagine this one as a set of cards, this makes a great gift idea.

Sentiment is from Perfect Punches stamp set. Stamped in Rich Razzleberry and punched with the Modern Label punch.

Thanks for peeking.

Liza

No comments: