Friday, January 7, 2011

First paper banner

Good morning, crafting friends.... As you can see, I am too jumping on the banner band wagon that you see everywhere on the paper crafting world :) and wow, it is wonderful to create my own!

Click on the photo to make it larger, for I forgot to take individual photos of each panel :)

Mine is a simple rectangle shape. I had cut it to 4x6" size out of Designer Series Paper. First up there is one I made for the new baby boy next door. "T" is his initial. I pulled out the Animal Stories stamp set for this one and used a combination of Play Date Designer Series Paper and a retired DSP that is matching with the stamp set.

Next one is a banner that I made for a girl named Christina. Hence, the "C" in the banner.

Here is all of them together. This one is using goodies from the Occasions Mini catalog. Sweet Stitches Designer Series Paper, matching Sweet Stitches Designer Big Buttons, Sweet Stitches Fabric Designer Brads, Pompom Trim. Click on the above photo to make it larger.

Here are the next 2 panels: Bold Blossom stamp set and Designer Big Buttons, stamped on a Crumb Cake piece of Scallop Square Duo die cut. This is where I got the idea of the buttons flowers above. Check out Mary Fish's Stampin' Pretty blog for amazing inspirations.

Next panel is a simple doily and the "delight" definition which is from Define Your Life stamp set, mounted on Stampin' Dimensionals.

The main image of the girl silhouette is from Easter Blossoms stamp set which I had stamped in Tangerine Tango ink and added a Tangerine Tango pom pom trim. Die cut flower is from Blossom Party originals die (left over from previous projects).

Here are the last 2 panels. More pom pom trim and button flowers. Linen thread and 1/16" hole punch to connect each panel together. It had been a joy to create this. I packaged this into a Stampin' Up! tin and tied with Melon Mambo ribbon and made a matching little tag (which duh!! I forgot to take a photo of). I must be getting older :)

I wish you a good weekend ahead and a happy stamping day :)

Hugs,

Liza

1 comment:

Julie Marshall said...

Both are super cute! I agree...I love making these. You get to play with all kinds of paper designs and goodies. TFS.