Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

Happy New Year, crafting friends!! We spent New Year's Eve as guests of our friends in the little mountain town of Trawas in East Java, near where I grew up as a child. Because of our mountain location, we had a beautiful display of firework on Dec. 31 :)

I had a wonderful week of stamping during the Christmas holidays that I will be sharing in the coming days.

First off is this set of note cards for a friend and neighbor.

The pretty flowers and butterfly are from a new stamp set that will be available in the Occasions Mini catalog (starting today, January 4, 2011) called Bold Blossom. They were stamped on a panel of Crumb Cake card stock with Crumb Cake and Blushing Bride ink pads on Blushing Bride card base. I did not put any sentiment as I wanted these to stay versatile for any occasion.

I finished off with little dots of pearls and rounded a couple of the Crumb Cake card stock corners. These were fairly fast to finish in one sitting.

This is how I wrapped the package. Brown rice paper from my friend Ariani, a band of matching Blushing Bride ribbon and a mini card stamped with coordinating images and colors.

Next up is a Valentine's card. As I already had the same supplies out, I just changed up the stamped flower image with punched hearts from the Heart to Heart punch, that had been run through the Big Shot machine with Vintage Wallpaper texture embossing impressions folders. Popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals and finished off with pearls.

The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and the patterned paper is from In Color Designer Series Paper Stack.

That's it for today... I am off to run errands now.

Thank you for peeking in.

Hugs,

Liza

No comments: