Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Garden Greetings friend

This cute stamp set is called Garden Greetings and it had caught my eye ever since the Spring/Summer SU idea book & catalog came out. My friend Serena kindly let me play with hers this week, so I have been playing with it :) This time I paired Pink Pirouette with Garden Green, and I like it. But then, any combo containing pink and green always appeals to me :)

I started by layering Garden Green DSP from Prints Pattern Pack 2 (hostess level 1) and tied it with this oversized Pink Pirouette grosgrain ribbon. I made the focal image by stamping flowers in pink pirouette and garden green. Topped off the smaller flower with one of the buttons from Button Bouquet. My green "thread" comes from a tiny sliver of Garden Green cardstock that I tied on the button, love that look. I learnt it here http://www.stampinpretty.com/2009/04/get-connected-promotion.html stamped the sentiment, double matted and mounted on dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like it.

Recipe (all by SU!)
Stamp set: Garden Greetings
Cardstock and paper: Pink Pirouette, Garden Green, Whisper White, Prints Pattern Pack 2
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Garden Green, Basic Gray
The sweet stuff (aka. accesories): Button Bouquet, Pink Pirouette 1 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals

1 comment:

Marlene Lo said...

i never try pink and green before. A brave colours combination and a nice one :)