Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pink Pirouette Rose


We made this card in last week's class at my friend Coline's place. This is a technique card, I call it "coloring with sponge daubers"- a fun technique I learnt back in Beijing at Lorraine's house. The rose was stamped with Chocolate Chip and then colored with a sponge dauber. Just take a sponge dauber and rub it on an ink pad and then rub it where you want it to be on your project. It gives that soft look- really pretty.
Just remember to keep one sponge dauber for one particular ink pad color/ something close to it. For example: Pink Pirouette and Pretty in Pink. I find that it is OK to do that.

If you try this technique, leave me a note here, I would love to see your projects :)
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you like this.

Recipe: (all by SU!)
Cardstock and paper: Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Candy Lane DSP
Stamp sets: Fifth Avenue Floral, Fresh Cuts (sentiment)
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip
Tools and accesories: sponge dauber, gold brad, 1" circle, eyelet border punches, Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments: