Thursday, April 30, 2009

SC226




This is my take on today's sketch challenge over at SCS here
This will be one of the thank you cards from the whole class for my son's preschool teachers. Teachers Appreciation Week is May 4-8.

I picked my color combo, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss and Barely Banana. I started with a Pacific Point card base, layered it with Whisper White and patterned paper.
I then followed the sketch. As the focal point, I made a tag. I couldn't find my tag corner punch so a corner rounder will have to do :) I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black. The flower on top of it was stamped off once on scrap paper to make it a little lighter in shade. I added a Kiwi Kiss circle scallop and a stamped heart on it. A little flower was added as a final touch, mounted on dimensionals. I tied linen thread over the cinched ribbon to finish off the tag. The whole tag was also mounted on dimensionals.

I hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe: (all by SU!)
Cardstock and paper: Pacific Point, Whisper White, Barely Banana, Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Good Morning Sunshine Designer Series Paper.
Stamp sets: Polka Dot Punches, Short & Sweet
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss
The sweet stuff (aka. accesories and tools): Tangerine Tango striped grosgrain ribbon, linen thread, Stampin' Dimensionals, brad, scallop circle, Full Heart, scallop edge, Boho Blossom, 3/4" circle punches, paper piercer and mat pack.

No comments: