Thursday, April 9, 2009

Forest Friends

This cute stamp set is called "Forest Friends" and you can find it in the Mini Occasions Catalog that debuted in April 1. I have just finally got around to playing with it. The look that I wanted to achieve is some kind of patterned paper featuring these little critters and the tree (kind of like those fancy patterned papers you see in the stores :)

I picked my color combo: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum and Basic Gray. Then started with a Whisper White piece of cardstock. I stamped first a Polka Dot background on it in Pale Plum. Then I stamped the different images in the different colors I picked. I started with the largest image first (the tree) to the smallest. The smallest image would be perfect to fill in the empty spaces. It took me 3 tries to get this right * wink* but I love the look it achieved when I got this right. I stamped a larger piece of cardstock for this so you might see this again in the future. (Click on the photo for a more close-up look).

I then finished off my card by layering my DIY patterned paper with a Perfect Plum cardstock. Scalloped the edge. Poked holes in each scallop with my Mat Pack. Mounted it on a Kiwi Kiss card base. Tied ribbon. Created the sentiment cluster by stamping the bunny and sentiment. Punched in 1 1/4" circle. Mounted it on Kiwi Kiss curly punch. Button Bouquet with linen thread finished the look.

I hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe (all by SU!):
Cardstock: Whisper White, Perfect Plum, Kiwi Kiss
Stamp sets: Forest Friends, Polka Dot, Noteworthy (retired)
Inks: Pale Plum, Kiwi Kiss, Perfect Plum, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze
The sweet stuff (aka. accesories): Curly, Scallop Edge, 1 1/4" circle punches, Kiwi Kiss striped grosgrain ribbon, Button Bouquet, linen thread, dimensionals, Mat Pack.

No comments: